Friday, December 19, 2008

Random Christmas Stuff

Best new holiday treat recipe I have discovered: Alton Brown's White Trash. Three different kinds of cereal, pretzels, mixed nuts, and M&Ms all drenched in white chocolate. I've never tried crack, but I doubt it is this addictive and evil.

My three favorite entries for Christmas music: Trans Siberian Orchesta, The Muppets with John Denver, and the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack. Although I did pick up an 80s rock Christmas CD recently and it is pretty cheesetastic too.

Most underrated reindeer: Blitzen.

Random wrapping observation: I can wrap the heck out of anything relatively flat, like a DVD or a book. But if it gets wide, forget about it. Pretty soon I'll just start blaming those terrible wrapping jobs on A.J.

I think I like multicolored lights more now than I used to.

If I'm putting booze in egg nog, it's either bourbon or spiced rum.

When I was a kid, I could not possibly imagine how my dad, or anyone else, would not want to get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas day. I get it now. It's been a fun transition so far, and it will only get even cooler every year as A.J. gets older.

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Anonymous said...

Your wrapping problem probably has genetic origins (: