Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The List

Last year Esquire magazine published a piece called 75 Things Every Man Should Do Before He Dies. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, so re-reading it recently sent me searching the web for similar ideas, where I came across a site called Day Zero, where people post lists of 101 specific things they want to do over the course of 1,001 days. Both of these things are very cool, so I combined them into my own master list: the 75 from Esquire, plus 76 of my own, resulting in a list of 151 things to do over the next 1,001 days. I started on June 3. It also warrants mentioning that the Esquire list has some items that I have already done, and others that are fairly unattainable. I don't see myself going to Paris for two weeks, for instance. That would be great, but it just isn't happening any time over the next three years. There are a few other items on the list that just aren't going to happen, either.

But when paired with my own additions, I have lots of items on The List that I can do. I'm off to a good start. I've already knocked out a few things and several others are in various stages of progress. Since I'm often at a loss for things to blog about, The List will provide some great ideas. I'll try to get pictures when I take care of cool items on there, and I will update my progress here.

No comments: